Descend into Roguelike Terror as ‘The Pit: Infinity’ Launches Today on Steam2 min read
The Pit: Infinity launches today on Steam after a year of combing the depths of Early Access. Kerberos Productions have been actively listening to player feedback over this time and have been tweaking and improving the game into the devious roguelike beast it is today.
“Kerberos welcomes gamers to explore a new world of first-person, rogue-a-likes where being smart is as important as being well armed. With randomized levels, over 30 unique monsters, more than 35 weapons and dozens of armors – not to mention various traps and tricks and an unlimited play mode – The Pit : Infinity will live up to its name!” -Martin Cirulis (CEO/ Lead Designer)
Players can pick up The Pit: Infinity for $29.99USD on its own, or in THE PIT PACK bundle on Steam which includes the Osmium edition of Sword of the Stars: The Pit and all of its DLC.
The Pit: Infinity is a cooperative RPG with first-person-shooter controls and roguelike permadeath. It is meant to be played solo, or cooperatively with up to three friends.
Players will take on the role of a Marine, Scout or Engineer character and enter the Pit, a high-tech dungeon in which diabolical experiments are performed on life forms gathered from all over the galaxy.
- Start as one of three unique Characters, each with different Attributes, Skills and Items!
- Explore procedurally generated hallways, rooms and biomes!
- Battle monsters and robots to gain experience and loot!
- Open locked doors, avoid traps, and rifle through alien treasure troves, seeking supplies, ammunition and gear!
- Gain Levels to improve your Attributes and Skills!
- Collect components and craft new items to improve your chances of survival!
- Delve as deep into the Pit as you can, before you’re horribly killed! Each new floor becomes more challenging and progressively more difficult to beat.