Team17 Joins Forces with Void Interactive for Squad-Based Tactical Shooter ‘Ready Or Not’2 min read
Team17 have signed a partnership with Void Interactive that will see the studio’s debut, Ready or Not, launch under the independent games label. The tactical shooter, which drops players into the role of elite operatives looking to diffuse hostile situations, is headed to Steam Early Access. Breaching, clearing, and engaging in stealth tactics will be vital for success, along with commanding a squad of operatives, with strategic equipment loadouts having a dramatic impact on the mission. Non-lethal options will be instrumental to players too; arrests will need to be made and civilians saved to ensure each danger is dealt with swiftly and safely.
Ready or Not Key Features:
- Tactical Teamwork: Command a squad of operatives and plan how to approach each situation before breaching and clearing
- More than just guns: Riot shields, mirror guns, smoke grenades, and more can be utilised to prevent or assist with a firefight
- Civilian safety: The lives of civilians are on the line, and each shot will need to be carefully considered to reduce collateral damage
- Realism at its core: From bullet penetration to team communication, Ready or Not is built around realistic non-military combat situations
- Customisation and equipment: Each loadout can be tailored by players, and will dramatically influence chances of success, including guns, attachments, shields, and surveillance tools.
Julio Rodrigeuz, Chief Executive Officer, Void Interactive, said:
“We’ve been working hard to make Ready or Not an immersive and engaging tactical shooter, and have already attracted a keen and excited community around the title. We’re thrilled that Team17 shares the same passion and ambitions for the game as we do, and we’re already working together to deliver an immersive and adrenaline-fueled experience.”
Chris Coates, Head of Studio, Team17, said:
“Void Interactive are a hugely ambitious studio, and Ready or Not is an equally ambitious game. We’re very excited to work on the title, it fits within our broad stable of more mature titles, and we’re looking forward to working with Void as they look to deliver a truly engaging, squad-based tactical shooter. ”