Putting a darker spin on the Survival RTS genre, and challenging both new and expert players alike, Age of Darkness: Final Stand launches into Steam Early Access on 7th October.
Team17 has today announced a partnership with PlaySide Studios to publish their upcoming dark fantasy survival RTS, Age of Darkness: Final Stand, which launches into Steam Early Access on 7th October.
In a world shrouded in fog and ravaged by a never-ending evil, strategic planning and careful execution will be pivotal to surviving the onslaught of Nightmares that lurk in the darkness. During the day, gather resources, fortify defences, and recruit new members to the cause in preparation for nightfall when Nightmares will arrive en masse, relentlessly tearing their way across the procedurally generated map in order to reinforce ‘The Veil’, leaving darkness in their wake.
Age of Darkness: Final Stand Key Features:
- Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render in over 70, 000 enemies on screen at any point
- All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from ‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
- Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random affliction appears that modifies the game, testing the player’s best laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
- A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
- An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage
Players can wishlist Age of Darkness: Final Stand now, and keep up to date with all the information on Age of Darkness: Final Stand by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter and joining us on Discord.