A deadly winter descends on the Commonwealth, and to make matters worse, a dangerous new sect of the Church of the Children of Atom has arrived with it. Resources are scarce, religious zealots threaten to ignite an all-out war, and unexplainable supernatural horrors lie around every corner. Will you live to see spring again?
Winter of Atom’s themes includes exploring frozen wastelands, harsh winter survival, building relationships with communities, explosive action against terrifying monsters, and high-stakes warfare against a relentless foe. Your ragtag group of survivors must do whatever it takes to protect its communities and keep the Commonwealth from becoming ground zero once more.
Within the 248-page Winter of Atom quest book, you will:
- Face a fearsome sect of the Church of the Children of Atom, led by the Last Son of Atom, in an action-packed, open-ended, and non-linear sandbox questline that can take characters from level 1 to 21.
- Meet brand new groups of survivors, from beatniks and circus big tops to traveling casinos and religious weaponsmiths.
- Discover details of the Commonwealth as a setting, focusing on a mix of canonical locations from Fallout 4 and many brand-new settlements and locations.
- Create characters with new origin options: Generation 3 Synths, Protectrons, and Children of Atom.
- Enhance your game with new rules for surviving the harsh winter and gaining a reputation with settlements.
- Learn how to design balanced combat encounters and find new rules for surviving defeat, quickly adjusting an encounter’s difficulty, and creating Minion NPCs.
This book requires the core rules found in the Fallout: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook but can be played using the rules and pre-generated characters found in the Fallout: The Roleplaying Game Starter Set.