“Dual Universe” redefines massively multiplayer
Novaquark, the Metaverse Company, continues to push the boundaries of technical prowess with its ambitious sci-fi MMO, Dual Universe: on March 6, 30,000 simulated players were spawned in the game at the same time, roaming the surface of the main game planet, with members of the community joining to witness this world premiere.
Dual Universe offers players a never-before-seen Continuous Single-Shard experience, which allows a highly scalable number of concurrent players to interact with each other in one unique instance of the game world, without any loading screen or boundaries. Whether they are building giant cities or massive spaceships, discovering new distant worlds or mining the surface of an uncharted moon, players’ actions lastingly impact the experience of other players in the game, creating a vast living, breathing world.
By showcasing that the proprietary server technology behind Dual Universe is capable of handling at least 30,000 simultaneous players in one unique game world, Novaquark not only shatters the limits of what games currently offer, it also demonstrates that players can expect meaningful interactions at scale, when the game enters beta in 2020.
“The staggering number of concurrent players that Dual Universe is capable of handling is a game changer for players”, said Jean-Christophe Baillie, Founder and CEO of Novaquark, “The sheer amount of players able to interact with each other at any given time in the game will take the core elements of gameplay such as exploration, trading, PvP combat and crafting, to a whole new level.”
Compared with the current world record for “most concurrent players simultaneously involved in a single multiplayer PvP video game battle”, currently set to 6,142 players, Novaquark’s technological feat shows the potential of Dual Universe to offer an unprecedented level of player emergent systemic interactions in a video game.
With GDC 2019 just around the corner, the Novaquark team will be on-hand at the event, courtesy of Business France at booth N2903, to walk attendees through Dual Universe’s Alpha and explain on site why Dual Universe is the first true game with the capabilities to create the metaverse vision that is widely covered in Sci-Fiction movies. Don’t hesitate to drop by if you’re attending the event!
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter, or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools, to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.